Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Finally, a recipe!

Hey everyone!  Well, the stars have aligned...the little one is being sweet...the hubs has a hungry tummy...and  I have finally figured out how to use my camera successfully...It is time for a recipe!  This is a simple recipe that is so awesome.  Thanks to the wonderful Pinterest, I came across this recipe.  It is called Texas Trash.  Trust me, this is anything but trash.  The first time I made this it was for a birthday party and it was literally gone within 30 minutes of me walking in with it.  
Let's get started...
*that cute dishcloth can be found here
Ingredients
8 oz  cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cans refried beans
4 cups cheese of your choice
1 pack of taco seasoning*
 *I didn't have any taco seasoning packets so I made my own with the following recipe
  • 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. Paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
  • 1 tsp. Sea Salt
  • 1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
 Mix your sour cream and cream cheese together
 Add refried beans
 Add taco seasoning and mix well...
I really like using the enamelware in my kitchen and we finally got some in at Home a la mode.  
Check out all our new enamelware...
 Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan
 Mix your cheeses together...
I am the dishwasher in my house, so, I try to reuse my bowls when cooking.  Saves a lot of washing in the end.
 Add cheese mixture to top of bean mixture
 I like to add a little more spice to mine so I sprinkle the top of the cheese with some season salt.  
Bake for 30 minutes.
It is a West Texas thing...I grew up eating a lot of Mexican food...I don't think there is a Mexican restaurant out there that doesn't have an extra shaker of this wonderful stuff on the table.
 Decorate with our Texas Cowboy Flour Sack Towel and Tortilla Flour Sack Towel.  
Serve with chips.
You have to try this.  Not only is it scrumptious but is also one of the easiest recipes to make and impress your family and friends with.


I hope you have enjoyed this recipe.  Let me know if you try it!



1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails