- "Table Grace" Say It With Words panel
- Jelly Roll of your choice - I used the "Flats" by Angela Yosten for Moda
- 1 yard of backing fabric
- 1 yard of Fusible Fleece
- Coordinating thread
- Rotary cutter, rotary mat, and rotary ruler
- Basting Spray or pins
- Iron and ironing board
- Sewing machine
- Layout your Jelly Roll Strips and design your pattern. Here is how I do my designing, with grid paper and colored pencils.
- Iron panel to remove all creases.
- Cut out the 6 large squares from the Say It With Words Panel, using the tick marks on the panel. Each square should measure 6-1/2" squares.
- Cut (2) 6-1/2" strips from your desired fabric for each block.
- Sew the Jelly Roll strips to the top and bottom of word block. Repeat for all 6 blocks.
- Press all seams away from word block.
- Measure your blocks to determine the overall size for the sides - mine measured 10-3/4".
- Cut the Jelly Roll strips to that measurement and sew to the sides of each block, creating a frame around the words. Repeat for all 6 blocks.
- Cut the coordinating vertical Jelly Roll strips and sew.
- Measure the top & bottom of the completed block and cut to fit. Repeat for all strips. Sew to the bottom of the first block. Join the remaining blocks in the same way.
- Measure the overall size of the runner and cut fusible fleece to fit. Iron on.
- Cut backing fabric to desired size. Layout and attach top with basting spray (If you have never heard or used basting spray, I highly suggest you try it. You will NEVER pin a quilt or project together again)
- Quilt as desired.
- Trim and attach binding as desired - I used the leftover scraps of the jelly roll strips to make the binding. I found this tutorial on Pinterest and it helped me. (Just note, I only machine stitch the first side of the binding - I always hand stitch the backside complete)
- Hand-stitch the binding and you are done!!!
I'm new to writing tutorials, so any constructive criticism or complements are greatly appreciated.