Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Our newest quilter, Claire

Below is the story (short as it may be), written by my 11 year old about making her first quilt.
One day, I made the mistake of saying "I'm bored" at my Granny's (Karen) house.  It was the 4th of July.  She gave me some grid and charm packs and told me I was going to make a quilt.  It took forever, but I was so happy to finish it.  I love how soft it is!  Sincerly, Claire - The 11 Year old Seamstress.
Here are some pictures along the way.
 Pressing it all down
Got it all laid out and pressed!
 Time to start sewing
And, here's the completed picture!!!

Now, because summers get crazy and the school year is even crazier, she didn't get much of a chance to work on it.  That's why it took her until this summer to get it finished.  But I'm so proud of her.  She did the quilting and even the hand-sewn binding.  I guess it will soon be time for her to start another project... but I bet she never tells her Granny she is bored again ;)

~Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Claire the world 's newest quiter. Looks like she did an awesome job.
    Really pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails