Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Custom Shams

Good Morning! 

A few weeks ago Karen called me and said it was time for me to make pillow shams again.  I thought, Ok, no problem, I can whip out shams pretty quick.  I asked her what colors she needed.  She explained that this was going to be a custom order.  Instantly, my panic button when off.  I had never done a special request on shams before.  But as usual I jumped in with both feet and went to work. 

A customer had purchased a quilt awhile back and had not bought shams to go with it.  She wanted to "complete" her bed by now purchasing shams to match.  The problem...we no longer carry that item.  So, Karen, being the awesome customer service person that she is, said "no problem we can make something for you. "

She came to me with a tablecloth and fabric...and said do your magic and create...hehe.  Thanks Karen, easier said than done :o).  Anyway, I just wanted to show some pics of how I went through the process:



The beginnings...attaching fabrics and coming up with a basic design,


A close up of the quilting.


A finished sham! Woohoo.

So with 3 of these shams done, Karen shipped them off to our customer.  It took awhile and we had not heard anything from her.  I was so worried that she didn't like them at all (because I think that way...lol).  Yesterday, I started getting several texts from Karen.  She had heard from our customer.  Well, not only had she heard from her...she had sent a letter and pictures of everything together.  I was thrilled!  I wanted to share a couple of the pics with you:



All 3 shams on the bed...plus a super cute puppy!


This is the super sweet letter that Linda sent.


I want to say to Linda, thank you so much for your letter.  You have no idea how much it meant to me.  I really do enjoy getting feedback on my work.  I hope you really do enjoy your shams.

If you are interested at all in anything custom please contact Karen and we will do whatever we can to make your new special treasure.

Let's Go Sew!
Kristin


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails