Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Kaylin the Amazing!

I have an awesome in-law family (as you might know, Karen is my mother-in-law and partner in crime).  I'm married to the oldest of her 4 children, and 3 of them all decided to get married in a 5 month time frame.  Because of that, naturally we all had children together - there are 14 of them ranging from almost 13 down to 3-1/2.  Christmas time with all these kiddos are super fun and crazy.  Because of the number, we all draw names so each kid buys for one of their cousins.
Long story short, this year my oldest picked Kaylin, one of my adorable 4 year old nieces.  She has always been a kid who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to tell you.  So I decided to ask her what she would like me to make her.  She very specifically told me she wanted a pink and purple cape with a heart on with a "K".
So, I found a great (and easy) tutorial on Pinterest and got to work.  I dug through my stash of Moda fabric and found the perfect pink and purple combo, along with a cute printed fabric.
Her nickname is "Bird" so we decided to use a decorative bird stitch to finish off the edge.
This project also allowed me to play with my new embroidery machine, so it was a double win for me!

~Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails