Friday, May 3, 2013

Honor your Teachers with this Cute Gift Idea!

"A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils."  ~Ever Garrison

As National Teacher Appreciation week fast approaches, I find myself, yet again, scouring Pinterest for ideas to make for my girls' teachers.  As they get older and have more teachers, I find myself looking for gift ideas that help me stretch a buck.  After looking through my stash of school supplies (yes, I am addicted to them) and came across my extra composition books.  My search then turned to ways to cover them with fabric.  My favorite came from one of my favorite fabric designers, Vanessa Christenson of V and Co.

I used her tutorial to make this adorable cover for my oldest daughter's teacher - I hope see likes it :)
It's amazing what you can do with some fabric scraps, a sewing machine, and a little time.  I used some jelly roll scraps that I had lying around.  Check out our collection of pre-cuts on our website!

1 comment:

  1. That's really a cute idea. Gonna have to put that on my To Do List. It's getting really long

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails